Frequently Asked Questions
We know finding a new practice of physical movement, mind training or even visiting a new studio can be a invigorating yet daunting experience sometimes. We want to make sure you’re comfortable and confident in your community and your new home away from home.
New to SUTRA Studio etiquette
- Try to arrive 15-20 minutes before your first visit to our studio, so that you have time to get settled, fill out our enrollment papers and have a tour of the space. Early arrival will also allow you to get connected with our team and the teacher if you have any concerns or would like to let us know more about you.
- Teachers aim to respect our students’ time by starting and ending classes on time. If you arrive late, please enter the practice space after the “OM” or when students begin to move.
- Please move mindfully and quietly within the practice space, with the aim of respecting your fellow practitioners’ experiences.
- Please place your shoes neatly within our lobby and store your belongings in a storage space (available inside each of our practice spaces and therapies room). Taking fewer items to your practice spot will reduce distractions, clutter, and obstacles for teachers and assistants.
- Use the restroom before or after class, and if you need to use it during class, move quietly and mindfully.
- If you need to leave during class give the teacher or assistant a “thumbs-up” on your way out so we know you are okay.
Mindful Studio Etiquette
- Moving mindfully and quietly when within the practice space to be respectful of others experiences is always a good idea.
- Make sure cell phones and other electronic devices are off or silent prior to class.
- A clean body gives way to a clean mind. Please do not wear perfume or cologne to class, as some practitioners are sensitive to scents.
- When practicing in a community setting, consider that you are practicing together in a shared space to share energy. A mindful practice includes turning inward for a deep practice but also being respectful in sharing space and positive energy. Introduce yourself to your community.
- Other mindful studio practices:
- Check in online if you can. If you can’t, stop in at the desk and we’ll sign you in.
- Introduce yourself to the team and teachers.
- Welcome your fellow yogis.
- Please be respectful of others with your silent cell phone (if you need to take calls, step out into the outer hallway).
- Honor the sacred space of SUTRA with as much love as we do.
- Spread the word!
- Breathe – like you mean it.
Yoga - Oh I have so many questions...
Sweet, curiosity is good! Check out our yoga FAQ section here
Wellness: Massage, Reiki and other modalities ?
Sweet, curiosity is good! Check out our wellness FAQ section here
MindBody Online Account Questions?
If you have MBO(MindBody Online) account questions regarding your memberships, scheduling or trouble logging in, please email our masterminds(managers) at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring at (844)337-8872. All account changes must be submitted in writing to our general inbox.
Should I sign up online for classes?
Yes! Sign up and show up early to ensure your reservation in our classes. Many classes may sell out and require pre-registration.
Even more questions?
- Do you have more questions?
- Feel free to send us a message or email us
- Call us at (844) 337-8872
- Stop by in person. We don’t bite and we can give you a tour of the space 😉
- Do you have more questions?